Article from the Cokato Historical Society's newsletter In the Midst Of, Spring, 1995, Vol. 15 No. 2.
Marilyn Eastlund, Annamae Ryti, Alice Ekstrand, and Leora "Tory" Easton typing The Cokato Bugle.
For Cokato men and women who were off serving their country during World War II,
receiving news from home was a pleasure that brightened many dark days. The Cokato Bugle, a newsletter published by the Usher's Club of the Cokato Lutheran Church, provided that much-appreciated news. It was mailed to all the Cokato soldiers who were serving their country. Contributions from all the congregations in the Cokato area helped finance the Bugle's printing and mailing. Each edition included a spiritual message from Pastor Paul Andreen, along with news about life in Cokato.
Article by Ted Peterson from the Cokato Historical Societies newsletter.
The first church horse barn was built sometime after the second church at Knapp. It was located in the northeast corner of the church plat or close to the Knapp Store and was demolished in the year 1910 or in the latter part of the Rev. Melin's term.