In the Midst
Use the Categories menu on the right to search through our many exciting articles on Cokato History.
The following is an abridged version of "Town Fountain 2" from the museum's archives. Possibly from an old exhibit label.
A project of the Cokato Women’s Civic Improvement League, the town fountain was installed in July 1916, at a cost of $125. The fountain, seen in this 1940 photo, was to be a “gift to the people of Cokato and its vicinity for public comfort and utility." As noted by Maude Donahue, league president, it was to have drinking space for man, horse, and dog.
Removed sometime in the late 1950s, the fountain was retired to a city storage shed. In 1988 a group of museum volunteers removed the fountain from storage and installed it on the front lawn of the museum.